Every day humans are bombarded with an excess of information, far greater than can be processed consciously. With Data & Democracy, The Commons will explore the current state of access to information and the consequences of such exposure. Through talks, Idea Cafés, and other programming, we seek to investigate the ways in which humans create and manage information as well as the ways in which they are bound by it.
Possible questions include:
- What responsibilities have we inherited in this age of connectedness?
- What complications plague our access to so much information?
- What information is actually private?
- How do our management and storage of information affect us?
- What freedoms and choices are we willing to surrender to silicon and algorithms?
- Where do we draw the line when it comes to sharing personal information?