| USE POLICY
Currently, The Commons cannot accept requests for use of the space. The facility and staff will be consumed with a major project in the coming months that will limit the use of the space for events. However, in an effort to further its mission of integrating the sciences, arts, and humanities in the exploration of nature and culture, The Commons invites the campus and community to share ideas and challenges that can be best faced through an interdisciplinary approach. In lieu of more standard events, The Commons continues to be committed to assisting in promoting and generating dialogue across specializations and perspectives.
Wireless internet is available throughout the space. Audio-visual features in the space include:
- Two high resolution projectors with accompanying screens
- DVD/VHS, document camera, auxiliary connection (great hall)
- Podium with laptop connection and microphone (great hall)
- Wireless microphones available for performances, panel discussions, audience participation, etc. (great hall and apse)
- 60” plasma screen with DVD player (apse)
- Distributed sound system throughout both rooms
- CD player and MP3 player connection (both rooms)
The facility can seat up to 200 for a formal lecture (210 chairs are available) and 100 for a formal dinner or performance. Tables and chairs for conferences, classes, small group meetings and similar events are also provided. In order to preserve the quality of the space only food catered by the Kansas Union or an approved catering service are allowed in The Commons.
The Commons is a partnership between the Biodiversity Institute, the Hall Center for the Humanities, and the Spencer Museum of Art.