In 2020-2021, The Commons will highlight programming around Humans in a More Than Human World as well as continuing to offer programming around Care & Well-being. To broaden contributions to these discussions now, The Commons is offering funding support to attend virtual conferences between May and August, 2020. Beginning in Fall 2020, applicants will share their findings through collaboration with The Commons on programming ideas or as presenters at The Commons.
- create opportunities for greater contribution to future programming;
- build interdisciplinary collaboration potential; and
- connect KU scholars with collaborators outside the University.
To broaden contributions to future programming discussions now, The Commons is offering funding support to attend virtual conferences between May and August, 2020.
Each applicant may apply for up to $400 toward the cost of a virtual conference registration fee. These fees should be paid directly to the conference by The Commons, rather than reimbursed to conference attendees.
This opportunity is offered for members of the KU research community who will be active in
campus activities (in-person and/or digital) in Academic Year 2020-2021.
• KU Graduate Students
• KU Faculty
• KU Postdoctoral Researchers
• KU Research Staff
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning April 20, 2020 and ending June 5, 2020.
Priority given to applicants
- whose [proposed] work relates to the programming themes at The Commons in 2020-2021
- whose work encompasses or invites interdisciplinary perspectives
- who are presenting at the conference they will attend
- who plan to develop interdisciplinary networks and/or research for the purpose of extramural funding or publication
Fund recipients should submit a report to The Commons after attending the funded conference, outlining potential ideas for connection with programming content or with programming format.