LAWRENCE — As a part of continued efforts to bring together scholars from all disciplines, and in response to the call set forth by Bold Aspirations, The Commons continues the the 2013-1014 Research Sharing Sessions, a series designed specifically for research exchange. The format of these sessions is inspired by Pecha Kucha, which features short, slide-based talks that introduce audiences to an idea.
The next Red Hot Research session will be 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, in The Commons in Spooner Hall.
The goals of these sessions:
- To introduce KU researchers to the work of their colleagues
- To address questions within current research using the perspectives of many disciplines
- To develop collaborative research teams as a result of overlapping interest and expertise.
All KU researchers are welcome.
Faculty members presenting content this session:
- Germain Halegoua, film & media studies, "Digital Media and Urban Space"
- Lance Rake, design, "Social Enterprise"
- Christine Jensen Sundstrom, Applied English Center, "Interdisciplinary Research, Mentoring and Writing"
- Kip Haaheim, music, "Enriching the Web Experience with Audio"
- David Besson, physics & astronomy, "Astronomy without Telescopes."