The Commons works with researchers across disciplines to build collaborations. With partners across departments and with KU Medical Center, The Commons launched the Health Humanities and Arts Research Collaborative in Summer 2020.
The Collaborative is based out of The Commons, directed by Emily Ryan (email@example.com). The initiative is a collaboration by Tamara Falicov, Associate Dean for Research, Arts and Humanities, College Dean’s office; Katie Rhine, Geography & Atmospheric Science and African & African-American Studies; and Teri Kennedy, Associate Dean, Interprofessional Practice, Education, Policy, and Research, KU School of Nursing, KU Medical Center.
- Create connections across professionals and among researchers around affinities within the realm of health and wellness;
- Connect researchers to funding opportunities around health and wellness; and
- Offer a platform for collaboration around existing and emerging health-related challenges.
This collaborative meets as a large group once per month, and smaller topic-specific discussions meet more regularly.
If you would like more information or to attend a meeting, please email Emily Ryan, Director of The Commons, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the seventh monthly meet-up for the Health Humanities and Arts Research Collaborative.
This Zoom gathering will feature:
- a presentation by Casey Mesick Braun, PhD and Joey Orr, PhD on exhibitions and opportunities at the Spencer Museum of Art
- breakout discussions around core themes
Breakout Discussion for:
- LGBTQIA+ Populations & Health
- Health Communication and Community Partnerships
- Climate & Health
- Humanities and Arts Health Curriculum
In the News:
Making Connections in a Pandemic: Honors Students Help Launch the Health Humanities and Arts Research Collaborative, September 15, 2020, University Honors Program Newsletter
October 16, 2020
September 17, 2020
August 11, 2020
July 16, 2020
June 12, 2020